Friday, July 9, 2010

JFT.... July 9th.... Old Myth

This is an easy one.... Once and addict always and addict , thats what they use to say..

My father is a retired Corrections Officer who lived by that rule his entire life until and addict was living under his roof.. His opinion of addicts didn't change right away, in fact he told me big deal, I shouldn't be using in the first place.. When I was just about to celebrate 9 months he sat me down and asked me for a favor.. He said his buddy at work had a brother that was struggling with addiction. He asked if I could bring some of those pamphlets and books I have been reading... He has never said that he is proud of me for being clean in my entire 17 years but that said it all..

I always joke around by saying.. He knows one thing , the program has changed ONE addict for sure because every time he picks up his remote control there is actually a T.V. that comes on .. and thats all that matters to him...

Thanks for letting me share

Mike G

No comments:

Post a Comment